Irish Aid consults with Dóchas members on Busan Forum on Aid Effectiveness
On 10 June, Dóchas members met with Irish Aid to discuss the road towards the 4th High Level Forum (HLF-4) on Aid Effectiveness in Busan, South Korea, later this year.
HLF-4 in Busan follows on from the 2005 Paris and 2008 Accra meetings, and will be an important milestone in building on the frameworks of those previous meetings and setting the global aid effectiveness agenda.
Irish Aid presented to Dóchas members their plans and the process as we head towards the HLF-4 conference in November. Dóchas members welcomed Irish Aid’s focus on priority areas of accountability, transparency, results and ownership.
Key concerns from Dóchas members included democratic ownership, the enabling environment for CSOs in the Global South, and on reform of the global aid architecture. Foremost, however, the organisations considered what development effectiveness and HLF-4 will mean practically for their organisations.
Dóchas continue with our work on Development Effectiveness and what it means to be an Effective and Quality NGO. We will be bringing forward the CSO Development Effectiveness agenda, representing our members at the Open Forum Global Assembly in Cambodia later this June. The Global Assembly will build on last year’s articulation of the Istanbul Principles, aiming to finalise a draft framework on CSO effectiveness. This will feed into the CSO submission to HLF-4 in November.
Further reading / viewing / listening / discussion :
– VIDEO : What is Development Effectiveness? – Civil Society Voices for the Fourth High Level Forum on Aid Effectiveness
– VOICE : Irish NGOs thoughts on Development effectiveness (add your voice!)
– REPORT: New research from Concern on democratic ownership
– EVALUATION: New evaluation of the Paris declaration
– RESOURCES: Hub of information and resources about what Dóchas is doing in the area of Development Effectiveness
If you have a specific interest in working on Development Effectiveness issues with Dóchas, please contact email@example.com